- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
Emergency Medical Science Bridge Program
Credential:Associate in Applied Science
The Emergency Medical Science Bridge Program is designed to allow currently certified non-degree paramedics to earn an Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in Emergency Medical Science.
1. General college admission requirements:
a. Complete application for admission.
b. Successfully complete College Placement Test.
c. Official transcript of any prior college credit on file with admissions office.
2. Possess current North Carolina driver’s license.
3. Complete interview with EMS Department faculty.
4. At least 4,000 hours of patient contact at the paramedic level as evidenced by the signature of the director of the EMS agency with which the paramedic is affiliated and the medical director of the Advanced Life Support system with which the paramedic is affiliated.
5. Current Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic certification.* (A copy of the paramedic education program transcript must be on file in the EMS Department.)
6. Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification.
7. Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification.
8. Current Basic Trauma Life Support certification.
9. Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification.
The above certifications and experience (4-9) will provide 41 hours of proficiency credit toward the A.A.S. degree and will count toward the A-B Tech residency requirement. These 41 hours represent the major area (EMS) courses required for EMT-Basic, EMT-Intermediate, and Paramedic certification that are not required as part of the EMS Bridge Program.