Manicuring/Nail Technology Certificate
The Manicuring/Nail Technology curriculum provides competency-based knowledge, scientific/artistic principles, and hands-on fundamentals associated with the nail technology industry. The curriculum provides a simulated salon environment which enables students to develop manipulative skills.
Course work includes instruction in all phases of professional nail technology, business/computer principles, product knowledge, and other related topics.
Graduates should be prepared to take the North Carolina Cosmetology State Board Licensing Exam and, upon passing, be licensed and qualify for employment in beauty and nail salons, as a platform artist, and in related businesses.
Successful applicants for the certificate must complete all courses listed below with at least a grade of C.
The Mountain Tech Spa, an on-campus spa facility located in the Birch Building, provides practical experience for Manicuring/Nail Technology students under the direction of College faculty.
Specific Program Requirements
1. General college admission requirements.
2. Completion of required Hepatitis B vaccine. First dose to be completed by the first day of class. Second Hepatitis B vaccine to be completed at least one month after the first dose. Third dose must be completed six months after the first.
3. Manicuring/Nail Technology students must clock out when leaving the laboratory. To earn hours, students must be physically present in the laboratory.
4. Students should be physically able to operate manicuring/nail technology equipment and safely use manicuring/nail technology products for long periods of time.
- 12 Total Credit Hours Required