- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
Cosmetology Instructor Certificate
The Cosmetology Instructor curriculum provides a course of study for learning the skills needed to teach the theory and practice of cosmetology as required by the North Carolina Board of Cosmetic Arts.
Course work includes requirements for becoming an instructor, introduction to teaching theory, methods and aids, practice teaching, and development of evaluation instruments.
Graduates of the program may be employed as cosmetology instructors in public or private education and business.
Specific Program Requirements
1. General college admission requirements.
2. Completion of required Hepatitis B vaccine. First dose to be completed by the first day of class. Second Hepatitis B vaccine to be completed at least one month after the first dose. Third dose must be completed six months after the first.
3. To earn hours, Cosmetology students must be physically present in the laboratory. When leaving a laboratory, students must clock out.
4. Students enrolled in the program should not be pregnant, be color blind, or have a sensitivity to chemicals.
5. Students should be physically able to use cosmetology equipment such as clippers and shears and able to stand for long periods of time.
6. Applicants of the Cosmetology Instructor program should hold a current North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Arts Cosmetologist license.