- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
- Online Services
Cosmetology A.A.S. - Evening Schedule
Credential:Associate in Applied Science
The Cosmetology curriculum is designed to provide competency-based knowledge, scientific/artistic principles, and hands-on fundamentals associated with the cosmetology industry. The curriculum provides a simulated salon environment which enables students to develop manipulative skills.
Course work includes instruction in all phases of professional imaging, hair design, chemical processes, skin care, nail care, multi-cultural practices, business/computer principles, product knowledge, and other selected topics.
Graduates should qualify to sit for the State Board of Cosmetic Arts examination. Upon successfully passing the State Board exam, graduates will be issued a license. Employment is available in beauty salons and related businesses.
The Mountain Tech Spa, an on-campus spa facility located in the Birch Building, provides practical experience for Cosmetology students under the direction of College faculty.
Specific Program Requirements
1. General college admission requirements.
2. Completion of required Hepatitis B vaccine. First dose to be completed by the first day of class. Second Hepatitis B vaccine to be completed at least one month after the first dose. Third dose must be completed six months after the first.
3. To earn hours, Cosmetology students must be physically present in the laboratory. When leaving a laboratory, students must clock out.
4. Students enrolled in the program should not be pregnant, be color blind, or have sensitivity to chemicals.
5. Students should be physically able to use cosmetology equipment such as clippers and shears and be able to stand for long periods of time.
Courses requiring a grade of “C” or better: ACA, BUS, CIS, and COS