- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
LPN Associate Degree Nursing - Advanced Placement Option
Credential:Associate in Applied Science
This curriculum prepares individuals with the knowledge and skills to provide nursing care to children and adults. Students will participate in assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care.
Upon completion of the LPN to ADN Advanced Placement Option and licensure, the graduate will:
1. Students will demonstrate skills necessary for transition to professional Nursing practice.
2. Students will demonstrate knowledge necessary for transition to professional Nursing practice.
3. Students will demonstrate cultural competency within Nursing.
4. Students will utilize informatics and evidence based data to provide Nursing care to clients.
5. Students will demonstrate behaviors necessary for transition to professional Nursing practice.
6. Students will apply the principles of interdisciplinary team management.
Graduates of this program are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) which is required for practice as a Registered Nurse. Employment opportunities include hospitals, rehabilitation facilities, long-term care facilities, clinics, physician’s offices, and home health agencies.
This program is approved by the:
North Carolina Board of Nursing
P.O. Box 2129
Raleigh, NC 27602,
1. General college admission requirements.
2. This program has a competitive selection process. See Selection Criteria and Procedures for Allied Health Programs on the college admissions office web page for full details: www.abtech.edu/competitive-limited-programs
3. Current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification is a prerequisite to full admission and must be maintained throughout the program. This certification must include hands-on skills components, AED use, and other lifesaving skills. Course certifications from any other providers will not be accepted.
4. Current, unrestricted license to practice as an LPN in the state of North Carolina is a prerequisite to admission and must be maintained throughout the program.
5. The North Carolina Board of Nursing requires criminal background checks to be performed on all applicants.
6. Clinical agencies may require a criminal background check prior to admission to the clinical agency or site.
Licensed Practical Nurses who are enrolled in the ADN Advanced Placement program will receive credit for NUR 111, NUR 112, and NUR 114. Licensed Practical Nurses in the LPN to ADN Advanced Placement program must complete all general education courses required in the generic Associate Degree Nursing program prior to the application deadline. These courses include: BIO 168, BIO 169, BIO 175, ENG 111, ENG 114, PSY 241, and one 3-hour Humanities elective.
*Licensed Practical Nurses completing BIO 168, BIO 169, BIO 175, ENG 111, ENG 114, PSY 241 and one 3-hour Humanities elective and receiving credit for NUR 111, NUR 112, and NUR 114 must complete the additional 25 credit hours listed to receive the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in nursing
Credit is given for NUR 111, NUR 112, and NUR 114 (18 hours); An additional 25 credit hours are required.
Courses requiring a grade of “C” or better: NUR