- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
- Online Services
Associate Degree Nursing Regionally Increasing Baccalaureate Nursing (RIBN)
The RIBN option is an A.A.S. Dual Enrollment Program offered in collaboration with Western Carolina University. Students are accepted into and take courses at both A-B Tech and WCU during enrollment in the RIBN option.
Students are required to:
1. Provide documentation of successful completion of a NC-approved Certified Nurse Aide I Program which includes theory, lab, and clinical components no later than the first day of fall semester year two. (A copy of a college transcript or a notarized course completion certificate will be acceptable documentation).
2. Hold a documented, current, unrestricted credential as a Nurse Aide I (NAI) from the North Carolina Nurse Aide Registry and the Division of Health Service Regulation.
3. Maintain dual admission and continued enrollment at both A-B Tech and WCU by completing at least one WCU course each semester (Fall / Spring) during years 1 through 3.
4. Maintain a GPA of 2.5 or greater to progress in the RIBN option.
5. Maintain full-time enrollment each semester if a recipient of the NC Forgivable Education Loan Program.
6. Home school will be A-B Tech years 1, 2, and 3.
7. Year 1: enroll in general education courses at A-B Tech and WCU as advised by the RIBN Nursing Student Advisor
8. Year 2 and 3: enroll in Associate Degree Nursing courses at A-B Tech and continue enrollment in WCU courses as advised by RIBN Nursing Student Advisor.
9. Year 4: home school will be WCU
10. Successfully pass NCLEX - RN to progress to year 4.
11. See the RIBN Student Services Advisor (SSA) for the recommended course sequence.
This program is approved by the
North Carolina Board of Nursing,
P.O. Box 2129, Raleigh, NC 27602,