- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
Early Childhood A.A.S.
Credential:Associate in Applied Science
This curriculum prepares individuals to work with children from infancy through early childhood in diverse learning environments. Students will combine learned theories with practice in actual settings with young children under the supervision of qualified teachers.
Course work includes childhood growth and development, physical/nutritional needs of children, care and guidance of children, and communication skills with parents and children. Students will foster the cognitive/language, physical/motor, social/emotional and creative development of young children.
Graduates are prepared to plan and implement developmentally appropriate programs in early childhood settings. Employment opportunities include child development and child care programs, preschools, public and private schools, recreational centers, Head Start programs, and school-age programs.
This program is accredited by the
National Association for the Education of
Young Children (NAEYC), 1313 L St. NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20005, Phone: (202)-232-8777,
- General college admission requirements.
- Acceptable reports of medical examination by the first day of class.
- Three character/employment references by the first day of class.
- According to GS 110-91, “No person shall be an operator of nor be employed in a child care facility who has been convicted of a crime involving child neglect, child abuse, or moral turpitude, or who is a habitually excessive user of alcohol or who illegally uses narcotic or other impairing drugs, or who is mentally or emotionally impaired to an extent that may be injurious to children.”
- Criminal background checks are required prior to assignment to cooperative work experience sites.