- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
Central Sterile Processing Certificate
The Central Sterile Processing curriculum is designed to prepare individuals for the field of Sterile Processing and Central Service Supply.
Students will develop skills necessary to properly disinfect, prepare process, store, and issue both sterile and non-sterile supplies and equipment for patient care. Also, students will learn to operate sterilizing units and monitor effectiveness of the sterilization process.
Graduates will receive a certificate and may be eligible to apply to take the National Institute for Certification of Healthcare Sterile Processing and Distribution Personnel Examination (CBSPD). Employment opportunities include surgery centers, dialysis facilities, and central processing units in hospitals.
- General college admission requirements
- Acceptable reports of medical examinations by first day of class.
- Satisfactory completion of required immunizations
- Criminal background checks and drug screens are required prior to admission to clinical sites
- Current CPR certification for the Professional Rescuer or Healthcare Provider by the first day of class
Courses requiring a grade of “C” or better: STP