- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
Email for Students
Access Your Student Email Account
Students at A-B Tech are provided an email account in partnership with Google. If you are a new student, your account will be created within one business day after you apply, take a placement test, or come to campus to register for classes. If you are a returning student who attended prior to summer 2007 you may not have an account until your advisor creates a student education plan for you in WebAdvisor, or you come to campus to register for classes in person.College practice is to use A-B Tech email exclusively for electronic communication with students.
You must sign-in to the account to activate your email. A-B Tech student email sign-in
Email sign-in information
Your username is your first name, middle initial, last name all in lower case. No spaces, hyphens, apostrophes, periods, or suffixes are used.
Your email password is your student ID number using all seven digits. Be sure to include any leading zeros. You can find your student ID number printed on your registration form under your name.
Your email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your username is:
first name, middle initial, last name (no spaces or punctuation)
You password is seven or eight characters in length:
seven digit student ID
0 + seven digit student ID
To activate your email account
On your first sign-in you will see a graphic image of a group of letters. Type the letters you see in the box below them and then scroll down the screen until you see the Google Terms of Service. Once you have read the terms, click the button labeled “I accept. Create my account.” and your email account will be activated.
Change your email password
A-B Tech recommends that you change your email password after your first sign-in. Here’s how to change your password:
- Click Settings at the top of the email screen.
- Open the Accounts tab after you click Settings.
- Click Change Password.
- In the new window, enter your current password, enter your new password, and re-enter the new password to confirm it.
- Click “Change Password” at the bottom of the window to save your new password.
How a Username is created
Your Username is constructed using your name as it is recorded on A-B Tech’s computer records. Refer to your registration form to see how your name has been recorded.
Your Username is your first name followed by your middle initial followed by your last name. If the middle name or initial is missing then it will be first name followed by last name.
There is a limit of 20 characters on the Username so some of the last characters on a very long name may be missing from the Username.
Spaces, hyphens, periods, apostrophes, and suffixes are not included in the Username.
- Samuel Carson (middle name and initial missing): samuelcarson
- Mary Beth Valerie O’Neill (where Mary Beth is a double first name): marybethvoneill
- William Thomas O’Sullivan-Blankenship (hyphenated, apostrophe, longer than 22): williamtosullivanblank
Possible Problems with Username
- In rare cases your first name, middle initial, and last name could exactly match the Username for an existing on-line payment account. In this case numbers may have been added to the end of your Username to give you a unique Username.
- If your name was misspelled during data entry then your Username will also be misspelled.
- If you have recently submitted a name change to Student Services, your Username may be based on your previous name.
Get Your email username:
- Click ‘Help with sign-in’ below.
- Select What’s My user ID?
- Enter your last name and either your student ID number or your Social Security Number. Your student ID number is printed on your registration form under your name. You may use your Social Security Number here only if you allowed A-B Tech to enter it on your computer record.
- Click Submit. Your user ID will be displayed on the screen. Your username for email is the same as the user ID displayed here.
Forgotten Student Email Password
- Click ‘A-B Tech student email sign-in’ below.
- Click ‘Sign in.’
- Click ‘Forgot your user name or password?’
- Follow the instructions on the new window.