- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
Services and Resources
Whether you are beginning a new business venture, expanding your existing business, or finding help with a business plan, the Small Business Center (SBC) can guide you in the right direction. The center is designed to help businesses succeed, through additional training, one-on-one counseling, or providing clients with contacts and information. The center is staffed with individuals who understand the problems small businesses face and works in partnership with a network of business leaders and agencies who provide timely advice on operating a business or offer referrals for local, state, and federal agencies.
Small Business Seminars
Seminars are sponsored by the Small Business Center to assist the entrepreneur with continuing education in the areas of management and supervision, communications, taxes and the "how tos’" of operating a business, as well as other topics.
Free Confidential One-to-One Counseling
The Small Business Center provides free confidential one-on-one counseling services for new and existing businesses. This free service acts as a sounding board for ideas and concerns you may have about your business. No question is too simple or too complicated. Our staff is here to assist you. To schedule an appointment please call 828-398-7950 or register here:
Professional Services Office
A Professional Business Services Office is available within the Center for Business and Technology Incubation which provides clients with access to a variety of outside experts. These professionals, who work on a pro bono basis, come from the accounting, financial, international, legal, marketing, management, military and technology fields. In addition, there are experts available who hold specific experience in emerging, growth, turnarounds, and workouts issues. The following experts are currently providing services to this office:
- Teresa Bouchonnet, NC Military Business Center
- Russ Warnock, Juniper Patent Group, Patent Attorney, PLLC
- Ty Moser, Asheville Savings Bank
- Barry Silverstein, Branding Consultant
- Kirk Borland, Branding and Marketing Consultant
- Mike Sowinski, CPA, CFO Consultants, LLC
- Martha K. Taylor and Thomas R. Taylor, II, Taylor Consulting Group LLC
- Marjorie J. Maginnis, Marjorie J. Maginnis Law, PLLC
- NC Department of Commerce International Trade Division
- U.S Commercial Service, Export Assistance
- Richard Eley, Life Coaching, Focus & Goal Setting
- Teresa White, Human Resources
- Wayne Roddy, CPA, Greene, Smith, Roddy & Co. P.A.
- April Burt, Burt Langley, PC
- Steven Schain, Spectralight Images, LLC
- Boomer Sassmann, Big Boom Designs, Web Design
- Jeff Imes, Product, Operations & Process Improvement
- Bob Perlstein, Marketing & Advertising
- Blaine Greenfield, Social Media and Marketing
- George Jones, Government Procurement
A resource library is also available at the Small Business Center. In addition, the links below provide important information for NC enterpreneurs.
- Business Link NC: Connect to all North Carolina Business Resources Providers, Government Agencies and other business related organizatgions at one comprehensive business support location.
- Small Business Center Network: This statewide network offers a wide range of programs and services for existing and prospective business owners.
- NC Department of Commerce: Learn more about the many resources available to small businesses in North Carolina.
- Small Business Administration (SBA): Since its founding on July 30, 1953, the U. S. Small Business Administration has delivered millions of loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling sessions and other forms of assistance to small businesses.
For more information, email SBCIncubator@abtech.edu or call 828.398.7950.