- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
- Online Services
Cisco Networking Academy
Are You Ready For The Future?
The Cisco Networking Academy Program is a partnership between Cisco, education, business, government, and community organizations around the world. The Networking Academy curriculum centers on teaching students to design, build, and maintain computer networks. The program prepares students for the 21st Century workplace and employment in the ever changing networked economy.
Cisco certification ensures high standards of technical expertise. Achieving Cisco certification—at any level—means joining the ranks of skilled network professionals who have earned recognition and respect in the industry.
The Academy program combines instructor-led learning with hands-on laboratory exercises where students apply what they learn in class while working on actual networks.
Cisco Academy Fast Facts
- Seven out of 10 students who utilize the e-learning model say they're getting better grades.
- By the time today's elementary school students graduate from high school, over a billion jobs will require Internet skills.
- One day, training for every job on Earth will be available on the Internet.
- More than 70 million people are getting an education on the Internet this year.
- There are more than 800,000 job openings for internet specialists right now.
- There will be more than 3 million job openings for Internet specialists in the next six years.
- More than 193,000 students currently enrolled
- 6,596 total Academies
- 10,000 graduates by Summer 2000
- 50 states and Washington, D.C.
- 121 countries
- $20 million initial investment by Cisco Systems, Inc. and the Cisco Foundation (curriculum, equipment, and training)
- Schools had insufficient IT resources to manage education networks
- Successful seminars on networking developed into Academy curriculum
- Complete program introduced October 1997
- Prepares students for college, good jobs – and the 21st Century
- Provides vital technology support and resources for schools
- Helps address IT worker shortage
For more information check out these links:
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
340 Victoria Road
Asheville, NC 28801