- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
- Online Services
New Hire Forms
Note: This page is intended for new employees of the college who are preparing to start work.
Welcome to our newest A-B Tech employees!
Our goal is to make the new hire process as seamless as possible for new employees. Before starting work with A-B Tech, new employees need to complete New Hire Paperwork. This paperwork contains forms and information to ensure all legal requirements, college policies, and informational forms are completed.
The New Hire Paperwork must be completed and submitted to Human Resources on or before the first day of work. The completion of paperwork takes about 15-30 minutes. Check with your supervisor, they may need you to complete this paperwork several weeks before your start date.
In addition, to maintain compliance with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, our regional accreditation agency, we are required to have your official transcripts(s) on file from a regional accredited institution. Official transcript(s) are required to be received a minimum of two weeks before the first day of work.
New Employees may either:
1. Come in-person to complete all paperwork. No appointment is necessary. Please bring: (a.) identification with you to complete the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form and (b.) voided check or deposit slip from your bank for direct deposit. Examples of identification to complete the I-9 form include a driver's license and social security card, or an unexpired passport. By law, photocopies are not accepted.
In addition, official transcript(s) from regional accredited institution are required to be received a minimum of two weeks before the first day of work for any degrees required for your position. For additional information, click here: Official Transcript Notification
2. Get started filling out the new hire paperwork before visiting the Human Resources office to expedite the process. Download the forms from the links below. All completed forms must be turned into Human Resources, in-person, on or before your first day or work. Please keep a copy of the policies for your records. The downloadable forms are here:
- New Employee Information Form
- 2015 W4 Federal Tax Form
- NC4 State Tax Form or the NC4 State EZ Tax Form
- North Carolina New Hire Reporting Form
- Employment Eligibility Form (I-9) (New employees must bring this form with proper identification for visual inspection by a Human Resources staff member. Acceptable identification are listed on page 9 of the form. Examples include a driver's license and social security card, or an unexpired passport. By law, photocopies are not accepted.)
- Direct Deposit Information and Form (Bring a voided check from your bank account or a printed direct deposit statement from your bank to accompany the direct deposit form.)
- A Summary Of Your Rights
- FCRA Notice and Acknowledgement
- Record Check Release Form
- Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace Policy
- Signature Form/Acknowledgment
- Sexual and Other Unlawful Harassment Policy
- Voluntary EEOC Form
- Tobacco Free Campus Policy
- Instructions for Accessing Payroll Information on WebAdvisor
- Official Transcript Notification
- How to get your A-B Tech Photo ID
The Human Resources office, located in the Sunnicrest Building, is open Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
If you have any questions regarding new hire paperwork, please call the Human Resources department directly at 828-398-7114 or 828-398-7167.