- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
Moodle Help for students and faculty is located in the center of your Moodle Log In page and on the left "Quick Links" menu found in every course.
- What's my username and password?
- I can't login!
- I can login but my courses aren't there!
- When I login I see courses from previous semesters!
- I can login, but I'm having a problem in my course!
- How do I change my Moodle password?
- Where can I find additional Moodle Help?
What's my username and password?
Here's how we create your username and password:
Username - first name, middle initial, and last name (no punctuation)
Password - Your student ID located on your registration form.
Example - Lee Q. Student with Student ID of 1234567
Username = leeqstudent Password = 1234567
If another student already has this username, your username may be slightly different. Try using the same user name followed by the last two digits of your student ID, for example leeqstudent67. If you have still have problems see below.
I can't login!
If you are not sure of your password (or if you may have changed and forgotten your password), you can reset this yourself. Click the Lost Password link on the Log In page under the log in box, and you will receive instructions to reset your password. If you try this and receive an error message, send an email to email@example.com and include your full name, student ID, and the course name, number and section of one of the courses you are taking.
I can login but my courses aren't there!
You will not be able to access your new classes in Moodle until the first day of the semester. IMPORTANT: if you login and cannot find one or more of your courses, this may be because:
- You logged in before the first day of the semester.
- The course is a "Late Start" course (these courses usually begin the second week of the semester).
- The course is a minimester course that begins in the second half of the semester.
- Your registration has not yet been recorded in Moodle. Moodle course listings are updated twice daily during the "add" period.
- There is a problem with your registration. Please call the Student Success Center at (828) 254-1921 Ext. 7520
When I login I see courses from previous semesters!
Contact the course instructor and request that the course be set to Unavailable. If the course needs to remain temporarily available, for example if students are still working on Incompletes, your instructor will make it unavailable as soon as possible.
I can login, but I'm having a problem in my course!
If you need help that is related to your course (for example understanding or submitting your assignments, taking a quiz or exam, or using the discussion forum, check the Moodle Help for Students page or contact your instructor if you need additional help.
If you need general help using Moodle, first check the Moodle Help for Students page. If that does not solve your problem, call the A-B Tech Help Desk available 24 hours 7 days a week at 1-866-827-6505.
How do I change my Moodle password?
You can reset your password to anything you like in Moodle. Go to your Moodle Profile and click Change Password. Be sure to use a password you can remember!