- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
Show your support for A-B Tech's award-winning culinary program by helping them raise the money to send the student teams to competitions!
Donating is easy! Under Program Designation, select Culinary competition fund.
Thank you for your support in helping A-B Tech continue to be the best in the nation for culinary education.
A-B Tech Student Culinary Team 2nd in the Nation July 2013!
A-B Tech Culinary Arts graduate named Best Young Chef in the World in May 2012.
A-B Tech Student Culinary Team wins Silver Medal at the National American Culinary Federation competition July 2011.
A-B Tech Culinary students have the opportunity to join the award-winning Culinary Team, which has been ranked six times since 2003 as one of the Top Four nationally in the annual American Culinary Federation Student Culinary Team competition. Our team won First Place in the nation in 2007.
The competition requires student teams to first demonstrate butchery and knife skills and then prepare a four-course signature meal. They are awarded points out of a possible 40. Gold medal winners have to earn at least 36 points.
Hot food competitors are judged on such criteria as the flavor, taste, texture and doneness of their foods; serving methods; portion sizes and creativity. Floor judges also evaluate their organization, sanitation, teamwork, workflow, and cooking techniques and knife skills.
Culinary Team History
- Winner of North Carolina Student Culinary Competition, 1996-2001, 2003-2009, 2011-2014
- American Culinary Federation Southeast Regional Student Culinary Competition, 1st Place 1997, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014.
- American Culinary Federation National Student Culinary Competition
- Silver Medal 1997, 2003, 2009, 2011, 2013
- Gold Medal 2006
- First-Place Gold Medal 2007