My A-B Tech
- The Buncombe County Board of Commissioners approved hiring Legerton Architecture of Asheville and Stewart-Cooper-Newell Architects of Gastonia to design the classroom building at the Public Safety Training Facility on Jan. 17, 2012.
- Stewart-Cooper-Newell presented the schematic design for the building June 29, 2012.
- Stewart-Cooper-Newell worked on developing the design development drawings for the classroom building at the Public Safety Training Facility in July 2012.
- By October 2012, the architects had completed the design development drawings and were producing construction documents for the building.
- By the end of January 2013, construction documents drawings were nearly complete and reviews by the NC Department of Insurance and Buncombe County were under way.
- Advertising for bids begins March 18, with the bid opening scheduled for April 16.
- The facility is under construction as of August 2013.