- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
We offer a variety of laboratory analytical and quality assurance testing services for your life science businesses, researchers, and more. We are always looking to expand our services by working on new projects. If you don’t see what you’re looking for here, just ask about our method development services. Additionally, we offer laboratory rental so that you may work on your own research & development.
Constituent Analysis with High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Actaea racemosa (Black Cohosh) – triterpene glycoside quantification and cimifugin adulteration check
- Angelica sinensis (Dong quai) – ferulic acid and z-ligustilide quantification
- Astragalus membranaceus (Huang qi) – astragalosides (I, II, IV) quantification
- Bupleurum chinense (Chai hu) – saikosaponins(A, B2, C, & D) quantification
- Chrysanthemum morifolium (Ju hua) – chlorogenic acid and flavones quantification
- Cinnamomum verum & C. aromaticum (Cinnamon) – cinnamaldehyde quantification
- Echinacea spp. – phenolic acids (caftaric, chlorogenic, cichoric acids; cynarin and echinacoside) quantification
- Hydrastis canadensis (Goldenseal) – alkaloids (berberine, hydrastine, and canadine) quantification and palmatine adulteration
- Ilex vomitoria (Yaupon holly) – caffeine quantification
- Mahonia aquifolium (Oregon grape) – berberine quantification
- Paeonia lactiflora (Bai shao) – paeoniflorin quantification
- Panax quinquefolius, P. ginseng (Ginseng) – ginsenosides (Rb1, Rb2, Rc, Rd, Re, Rf, Rg1) quantification
- Passiflora incarnata (passionflower) – flavone glycosides (orientin and vitexin) quantification
- Polygonum cuspidatum (Japanese knotweed, Hu zhang) – resveratrol and polydatin quantification
- Pueraria lobata (Ge gen) – isoflavones (puerarin, genistin, genistein, and daidzein) quantification
- Schisandra chinensis (Wu wei zi) – lignans (schisandrin, deoxyschisandrin, g-schisandrin, & schisandrol B) quantification
- Scutellaria baicalensis (Huang qin) – flavones (Scutellarin, baicalin, baicalein, wogonin) quantification
- Valeriana officinalis (Valerian) – sesquiterpenes (acetoxyvalerenic, hydroxyvalerenic, and valerenic acids)
- Vitis rotundifolia (Muscadine) – polyphenolics ((+)-catechin, (-)-epicatechin, ellagic and gallic acids) and resveratrol quantification
- Sunscreen Photo-blockers – Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, Octisalate, Octocrylene, Homosalate, and Avobenzone
Laboratory Methods with UV-Vis Spectrometry
- Antioxidant Activity - Estimation as Vitamin C Equivalents by DPPH Free Radical Quenching
- Humulus lupulus (Hops) – Total % α and β-acids, and Hops Stability Index (H.S.I.)
- Total Anthocyanins – Estimation in plant material via pH-differential reaction
- Total Flavonoids – Estimation in plant material as rutin equivalents via aluminum chloride reaction
- Total Phenolics – Estimation in plant material as gallic acid equivalents via Folin-Ciocalteau method
Botanical Material Microbial Analysis
- Total Yeast & Mold Count
- Total Aerobic Microbial Count
- Enterobacterial Count
- Test for Absence of Escherichia coli in a 10-gram sample
- Test for Absence of Salmonella species in a 25-gram sample
- Method suitability testing is also available (Method Development charges apply)
- Soleris® microbial limits specification testing
Botanical Material Pesticides Analysis with Gas Chromatography – Mass Spectrometry
- GC-MS Multi-residue screening with QuEChERS (Quick, Easy, Cheap, Effective,Rugged, Safe) extraction
- Quantification available for 100+ selected pesticides
Method Development, Feasibility, & Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
Our method development choices are based on our clients’ requests. If you have a project you would like to pursue that has not previously been performed in our lab, the following fees apply:
- Per hour development fee: This will cover development and adaptation to our equipment. The development of SOPs for your procedure(s) is available upon request and will be billed at the same rate.
- Per hour equipment use fee: This will cover associated equipment use costs.
- Materials use fee: This will cover any materials necessary to develop and run the method.
- Per sample pricing: The cost per sample is determined once your method has been established.
If our method development services are desired, please contact us to discuss your specific needs and obtain a quote for the requested work.