- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
Career-Technical Pathways - General Information
The Career and College Promise Career-Technical (CTE) Pathways provide students with learning experiences that develop career-related skills. Each pathway offers the student an opportunity to complete a certificate or degree in a specific field.
There are 10 Career-Technical Pathways for 2014-15:
- Automotive Technology Diploma
- Building Construction Science Diploma
- Early Childhood Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Heavy Equipment and Transport Technology
- Human Services Studies Certificate
- Industrial Maintenance Certificate
- Machining Technologies Diploma
- Computer Basics Certificate
- Basic Welding Certificate
A student can only participate in two Career Technical tracks at a time and may simultaneously enroll into both a CTE pathway and a Career and College Promise Transfer pathway. In addition, a student can change a career-technical pathway between semesters with approval of the high school principal (or his/her designee) and the college’s chief student development administrator.
The admissions requirements for Career-Technical Pathways include being a high school junior or senior and a 3.0 weighted GPA but do not require the test score requirement like the Transfer Pathways. The Admissions Requirements link has a complete list of requirements to participate in CTE pathways.
To see the course selections that are available under each of the different CTE pathways, go to the Curriculum link.