- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
- Online Services
Admissions Requirements for Career-Technical Pathways
To get into the Career and College Promise career-technical program ...
To be eligible for enrollment in a Career and College Promise technical pathway, a high school student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a high school junior or senior
- Have a weighted GPA of 3.0 in high school courses or receive permission from the high school principal to over-ride the GPA benchmark
Students who participate in career-technical pathways do not have to meet college-readiness benchmarks on an assessment test. This requirement only pertains to the transfer pathways.
To remain in the Career and College Promise career-technical program ...
To maintain eligibility for continued enrollment in a Career and College Promise career-technical pathway, a student must:
- Continue to make progress toward high school graduation
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA in college coursework after completing two courses
Other important rules ...
- A student can only enroll in two career-technical pathways at a time and may not substitute courses in one program for courses in another. Students are allowed to enroll in two career-technical pathways and one transfer pathway simultaneously.
- Between semesters, a student may change his/her program of study major with approval of the high school principal or designee and the college’s chief student development administrator.
- Courses do not have to be taken in order listed on the pathway curriculum lists. Some courses are sequential as noted in the college catalog.
- Students are under no obligation to complete an entire program of study.
Speak with your school counselor if you are unsure if you qualify for a career-technical program, or to register for college classes that will fit into your schedule.