- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
- Online Services
Welcome to Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management
The hands-on training you will receive at Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College will provide you with the skills and knowledge to succeed in this very exciting and fast-growing field.
Why Choose a Career in the Hospitality Industry?
- The restaurant industry employs an estimated 12.8 million people, making it the nation's largest employer outside of government.
- The restaurant industry is expected to add 2 million jobs over the next decade, for total employment of 14.8 million in 2017.
Why Choose Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College?
- Our Hot Food Team won First Place at the American Culinary Federation National Junior Hot Food Competition in July 2007. They won Second Place in 2006. (See details under "Competition Information.")
- Our Culinary Technology and Baking and Pastry Arts programs are both accredited by the American Culinary Federation.
- You cannot beat community college tuition for value for a 2-year degree.
- Hands-on practical experience in our 39,000 sf building and renovated 1870's house, with 5 state-of-the-art kitchens, banquet room, 5 dining rooms, large demonstration hall and student-run lodge.
- Outstanding internship relationships with some of the finest restaurants, country clubs and hotels in the Southeast.
- Chief Operating Officer, Hampton Inn of America
- Vice President Culinary and Corporate Chef of Ritz Carlton Hotels
- Owner/Partner Outback Restaurant
- Pastry Chef French Laundry
- Executive Chef Kendall Jackson Wineries
- Graduates of the Culinary Institute of America, Rochester Institute of Technology, Johnson and Wales University, and New England Culinary Institute.
- Active members of the American Culinary Federation and the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education.