Competitive and Limited Programs
Competitive Allied Health - Admissions Overview
The 2015 Allied Health Admissions Overview and Assessment are available below. The Overview is available in both PowerPoint and PDF formats.
- Fall 2015 Allied Health Admissions Overview - Power Point
- Fall 2015 Allied Health Admissions Overview - PDF
- Fall 2015 Allied Health Assessment
Competitive Allied Health - Admissions Criteria
These programs have a competitive selection process. The application period for Fall 2015 is February 2, 2015 through March 13, 2015. Click on a program below to view the specific admission criteria and timeframe for that program.
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Associate Degree Nursing Advanced Placement Option
- Dental Assisting
- Dental Hygiene
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Medical Sonography
- Surgical Technology
- Surgical Technology 2015 Information Session Form
- Veterinary Medical Technology
- Coming Spring 2016: Associate Degree Nursing Spring-Start program. Details will be available Summer 2015.
Western North Carolina Regionally Increasing Baccalaureate Nurses (WNC RIBN)
WNC RIBN is a collaborative program that is offered by A-B Tech and Western Carolina University. For information on WNC RIBN, click here or contact the program advisor, Carol Douglas, at email@example.com or (828) 398-7534. The application deadline for the Fall 2015 RIBN program was January 20, 2015.
The programs listed below have limited capacity due to clinical site, resource, and/or lab space availability. Students are accepted into these programs on a first-come, first-served basis once minimum program eligibility requirements are met.
The next opportunity to apply will be April 1, 2015 for programs beginning Fall 2015. Applicants must enroll to A-B Tech before applying to a Limited Program. Applicants must also complete the college placement and New Student Orientation/SmarterMeasure prior to meeting with an advisor. Beginning on April 1, 2015, we will begin meeting with Fall 2015 Limited Program applicants in the K. Ray Bailey Student Services Center. The doors will open at 8:00 AM and advisors will begin meeting with students at 8:30 AM. Please contact A-B Tech's Information Center at 828-398-7900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Allied Health Programs (Admission begins April 1, 2015)
- Central Sterile Processing
- Medical Assisting (day option)
- Pharm Tech (day or evening classes)
- Therapeutic Massage
- Phlebotomy - New 2015 Admission Process: Students interested in applying for Phlebotomy for 2015 must attend an admission and information session. The next session is at 9 a.m. on April 1, 2015 in the Rhododendron Building, room 351, on A-B Tech's main Victoria Rd campus.
Business Hospitality Education (Admission begins April 1, 2015)
- Brewing, Distillation & Fermentation Criteria
- Medical Coding (day and evening options)
Emergency Medical Sciences (Admission begins April 1, 2015)
- Emergency Medical Science
Additional Program Information
To learn more about these programs, degrees, and other career choices, click the following links: