Competitive and Limited Programs
A-B Tech will begin accepting applications May 1, 2015, for the new Cardiovascular Sonography program which begins FALL 2015. Applications will be taken in the K. Ray Bailey Student Services Center on the Victoria Rd. campus.
Competitive Allied Health
These programs have a competitive selection process. The 2015 Competitive Allied Health Application Period has ended. The next opportunity to apply to one of the competitive allied health programs will be Spring 2016.
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Associate Degree Nursing Advanced Placement Option
- Dental Assisting
- Dental Hygiene
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Medical Sonography
- Surgical Technology
- Surgical Technology 2015 Information Session Form
- Veterinary Medical Technology
- Coming Spring 2016: Associate Degree Nursing Spring-Start program. Details will be available Summer 2015.
Western North Carolina Regionally Increasing Baccalaureate Nurses (WNC RIBN)
WNC RIBN is a collaborative program that is offered by A-B Tech and Western Carolina University. For information on WNC RIBN, click here or contact the program advisor, Carol Douglas, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 398-7534. The application deadline for the Fall 2015 RIBN program was January 20, 2015.
The programs listed below have limited capacity due to clinical site, resource, and/or lab space availability. Students are accepted into these programs on a first-come, first-served basis once minimum program eligibility requirements are met.
Applicants must enroll to A-B Tech before applying to a Limited Program. Applicants must also complete the college placement and New Student Orientation/SmarterMeasure prior to meeting with an advisor in the K. Ray Bailey Student Services Center. Please contact A-B Tech's Information Center at 828-398-7900 or email email@example.com if you have questions.
Allied Health Programs (Accepting new applicants until programs are full)
- Central Sterile Processing
- Medical Assisting (day option)
- Pharm Tech (day or evening classes)
- Therapeutic Massage
- Phlebotomy - New 2015 Admission Process: Students interested in applying for Phlebotomy for 2015 must review the required Phlebotomy information video.
Business Hospitality Education (Accepting new applicants until programs are full)
- Brewing, Distillation & Fermentation Criteria
- Medical Coding (day and evening options)
Emergency Medical Sciences (Accepting new applicants until program is full)
- Emergency Medical Science
Additional Program Information
To learn more about these programs, degrees, and other career choices, click the following links: