- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
Motorcycle Safety Education Program
This 20-hour course is part of the NC Motorcycle Safety Program. In this class, riders will learn the basics of operating a motorcycle. Motorcycles will be provided. One hundred percent attendance of all scheduled class hours is mandatory with no exceptions. No fee exemptions or refunds are available after registration.
Due to limited space and popularity of the class, early registration is required. The class will meet at the Buncombe County Schools Transportation Department Facility on 74 Washington Avenue in Woodfin. Download and print this document for driving directions.
Classes will meet Friday evening, 6 - 10 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sunday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Cost includes a comprehensive insurance fee of $4.00.
Total Registration Fee: $179.00
|MARCH 1 - MARCH 3||CSP-4258-004MS||FULL|
|MARCH 8 - MARCH 10||CSP-4258-006MS||FULL|
|MARCH 15 - MARCH 17||CSP-4258-008MS||FULL|
|MARCH 22 - MARCH 24||CSP-4258-010MS||FULL|
|MARCH 29 - MARCH 31||CSP-4258-012MS||FULL|
|APRIL 5 - APRIL 7||CSP-4258-238MS||FULL|
|APRIL 12 - APRIL 14||CSP-4258-240MS||FULL|
|APRIL 19 - APRIL 21||CSP-4258-242MS||FULL|
|APRIL 26 - APRIL 28||CSP-4258-244MS||FULL|
|MAY 3 - MAY 5||CSP-4258-246MS||FULL|
|MAY 10 - MAY 12||CSP-4258-248MS||FULL|
|MAY 17 - MAY 19||CSP-4258-250MS||FULL|
|MAY 24 - MAY 26||CSP-4258-252MS||FULL|
|MAY 31 - JUNE 2||CSP-4258-254MS||FULL|
Proper riding gear is required at all times. Students must wear:
- Helmet and Eye Protection: The helmet must fit properly, meet DOT standards be full face, 3/4 or 1/2 in design. Helmets with obvious defects such as no lining, a cracked shell, or defective chinstrap will not be used. Helmets will be provided for those who do not have one. Sunglasses or prescription eyewear is permissible.
- Over the ankle Footwear: Shoes should be predominantly leather in construction and cover the anklebone. High top athletic shoes that meet the above criteria may be worn.
- Pants: Pant legs should reach the shoe tops and be made preferably of denim or a material of equivalent durability.
- Long-sleeve shirt or jacket: If the student chooses to wear a long-sleeve shirt, a jacket is not required. A shirt with sleeves to the wrist made of a durable material is preferred.
- Gloves: Gloves should be full fingered and preferable made of leather. Style and material are the student's choice.
Graduates of the Motorcycle Safety Course
Having successfully completed the motorcycle safety classes, students will be given a MSF completion card confirming that the classes have been successfully completed. This card can be used to waive the skills test portion of the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (NCDMV) licensing and can also possibly be used, depending on insurance carrier, to reduce insurance premiums. This card is good for 1 year only. Please note that completing the course does not exempt applicants from taking the NCDMV written motorcycle test.