- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
Motorcycle Safety Education Program
This twenty-hour course held on Friday, 6-10 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. with a one-hour lunch break is part of the NC Motorcycle Safety Program. Riders will learn the basics of operating a motorcycle. One hundred percent (100%) attendance of all scheduled class hours is mandatory. No Exceptions!
At the discretion of the instructors, students who are unable to safely operate the motorcycles will be dismissed from class for their own protection and the safety of the group. No refunds will be given if you do not complete the course for any reason or if you register and are unable to attend. Space is limited, register early. The motorcycle range is located on A-B Tech's Victoria Road campus. For information call A-B Tech at (828)398-7817 or 398-7369.
Registration fee-$179 includes a $4 comprehensive insurance fee.
|MARCH 7 - MARCH 9||CSP-4258-178MS|
|MARCH 14 - MARCH 16||CSP-4258-180MS|
|MARCH 21 - MARCH 23||CSP-4258-182MS|
|MARCH 28 - MARCH 30||CSP-4258-184MS|
|APRIL 4 - APRIL 6||CSP-4258-186MS|
|APRIL 11 - APRIL 13||CSP-4288-188MS|
Proper riding gear is required at all times. Students must wear:
- Helmet and Eye Protection: The helmet must fit properly, meet DOT standards be full face, 3/4 or 1/2 in design. Helmets with obvious defects such as no lining, a cracked shell, or defective chinstrap will not be used. Helmets will be provided for those who do not have one. Sunglasses or prescription eyewear is permissible.
- Over the ankle Footwear: Shoes should be predominantly leather in construction and cover the anklebone. High top athletic shoes that meet the above criteria may be worn.
- Pants: Pant legs should reach the shoe tops and be made preferably of denim or a material of equivalent durability.
- Long-sleeve shirt or jacket: If the student chooses to wear a long-sleeve shirt, a jacket is not required. A shirt with sleeves to the wrist made of a durable material is preferred.
- Gloves: Gloves should be full fingered and preferable made of leather. Style and material are the student's choice.
Graduates of the Motorcycle Safety Course
Having successfully completed the motorcycle safety classes, students will be given a MSF completion card confirming that the classes have been successfully completed. This card can be used to waive the skills test portion of the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (NCDMV) licensing and can also possibly be used, depending on insurance carrier, to reduce insurance premiums. This card is good for 1 year only. Please note that completing the course does not exempt applicants from taking the NCDMV written motorcycle test.
Questions? Find answers in our FAQ document or call 828-398-7369.
Motorcycle maintenance classes are designed to provide you with the skills to change oil, understand tire pressure and other basic service needs. These skills can be useful at home or on the road should something go south on the bike. You will gain understanding of your motorcycle and feel comfortable about wrenching your bike. Open to riders with little to no motorcycle maintenance experience.
Located at A-B Tech's Victoria Road campus Maple Building Room 104.
Registration fee $49
|Saturday, 2/22 - 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.||CSP-4259-175MS|
|Saturday, 3/29 - 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.||CSP-4259-176MS|