- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
- Online Services
Student Services for Distance Learners
Following is the list of Student Services available to distant students. Most of these resources are available from the College website at abtech.edu.
1. Application: Application to the College may be made on the College website.
2. Student Orientation: The New Student Orientation is available in Moodle for all students.
3. Student Handbook: A copy of the annual Student Handbook will be mailed upon request to distance learners. The Student Handbook is also available on the College website.
4. Transcript Evaluation: Transcripts from colleges previously attended may be mailed or faxed to A-B Tech by the originating college and can be evaluated for transfer credit, if transfer credit is desired. Students will receive a summary of transfer credits in WebAdvisor.
5. Application for Graduation: Applications for graduation may be mailed to the Registrar’s Office for evaluation. The application is available on the College website. Applicants will receive an email response to their A-B Tech email account.
6. Catalog: The catalog is available on the College website.
7. A-B Tech Transcripts: Transcript request forms are available on the College website.
8. Dropping Classes: Distance learners may drop classes by calling or emailing the Distance Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org), or online via WebAdvisor, if permitted.
9. Schedule of Classes: Curriculum schedules are available on the College website and in WebAdvisor.
10. Financial Aid: Applications for federal financial aid (FAFSA) are available at www.fafsa.gov and scholarship applications are available on the College website. Financial Aid information is available by emailing email@example.com or calling 828-398-7520.
11. Academic Advising: Academic advice is available as follows: students classified into programs may receive academic advice by emailing their assigned program advisor at the College. Unclassified students who are not in any program may receive academic advice by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Veterans’ Services: Veterans’ services and advice are available by emailing the Veterans’ advisor at email@example.com.
13. Disability Services: Students with disabilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act may seek services by e-mailing the academic advisor for students with disabilities: firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Career Counseling Services: For those who need assistance in choosing a major/program, researching specifics of various occupations, writing resumes, and/or interviewing skills, counselors are available by appointment. Students may schedule an appointment at careerscheduling.abtech.edu. Career Services and a job and résumé posting service called Job Board are also available online at the College website.
15. Placement Assessment: Placement assessment may be accomplished at any college which offers the Accuplacer placement test. Scores can then be faxed by the originating college. Additionally, SAT or ACT scores may be used instead of taking the Accuplacer. The College will also accept Compass or ASSET scores. One of these tests is available at every community college in North Carolina as well as at other colleges throughout the country. For information, contact the Assessment Specialist at email@example.com. To schedule a placement assessment on the A-B Tech campus, visit placementtesting.abtech.edu.
16. Payment of Tuition and Fees: Tuition and fees may be paid online from the College website or by using WebAdvisor.
17. Purchase of Books: Books may be purchased online from the College Bookstore.
18. Distance Learning: Visit the Distance Learning web page at abtech.edu/vcampus for additional information.
19. Online Technical Assistance: The College provides a Help Desk for students who experience technical issues with Moodle, WebAdvisor and other college-related, online services. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. Library Services: Students may access the resources of the Holly Library by visiting abtech.edu/holly-library.
21. Academic Assistance: Tutoring for distance learners in certain disciplines is available through smartthinking.com. For help with writing, contact the Writing Center at abtech.edu/writingcenter.
22. College Events: For an updated list of college-sponsored activities and events, check the calendar on the College website.