- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
- Online Services
Privacy of Student Records
All student records, including records of distance learners, will be maintained with utmost confidentiality and in compliance with the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). All regulations pursuant to implementation of this policy must comply with FERPA.
- Directory Information: Information contained in an education record of a student that would not generally be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed. For purposes of this section, directory information includes: name, address, telephone number, email address, date and place of birth, major field of study, dates of attendance and degrees received.
- Education Record: Records that are directly related to a student and maintained by an educational agency or institution or by a party action for the agency or institution.
- Eligible Student: A student who is eighteen years old (or starts attending any postsecondary institution) and has complete control of his or her education records.
- Law Enforcement Purpose: Enforcing state, local or federal law; referring possible violations of such law to law enforcement agencies or enforcement; or otherwise maintaining the physical security or safety of the school.
- Law Enforcement Unit: The A-B Tech Campus Police Force, which is officially authorized by A-B Tech to:
- enforce any local, State or Federal law, or refer to appropriate authorities a matter for enforcement of any local, State or Federal law against any individual or organization other than the agency or institution itself; or
- maintain the physical security and safety of the agency or institution.
- created by a law enforcement unit;
- created for a law enforcement purpose; and
- maintained by the law enforcement unit.
Records created and maintained by a law enforcement unit exclusively for a non-law enforcement purpose, such as a student disciplinary action or proceeding conducted by the education agency or institution, are not law enforcement unit records, even if created and maintained by law enforcement unit personnel.
Directory information may be released to anyone who requests it, unless the student specifies in writing to the Student Records and Registration office that his or her directory information be withheld. In such case, no directory information will be released.
- to A-B Tech officials who have legitimate educational interest in the records.
- to officials of another college or university in which a student seeks to enroll.
- to certain federal and state educational authorities for purposes of enforcing legal requirements in federally-supported educational programs.
- to persons involved in granting financial aid for which the student has applied.
- to testing and research organizations conducting certain studies for or on behalf of the school.
- to accrediting organizations.
- in compliance with a court order or lawfully-issued subpoena.
- in very narrowly defined emergencies affecting the health and safety of the student or other persons.
- to state and local authorities, within a juvenile justice system, pursuant to specific state law.
- to parents of eligible students under the provision outlined in number 3 above.