- Financial Aid
- Class Schedules
Concurrent High School Enrollment
The Career and College Promise Program offers structured opportunities for qualified high school juniors and seniors to accelerate completion of college certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees that lead to college transfer or provide entry-level job skills. Academic credits earned through Career and College Promise shall enable students who continue into postsecondary education, after graduating from high school, to complete a postsecondary credential in less time than would normally be required.
A-B Tech offers three pathways:
- College Transfer Pathway
- leads to a college transfer certificate requiring the successful completion of at least 30 semester hours of transfer courses, including English and mathematics, for qualified junior and senior high school students.
- Career Technical Education Pathway
- leads to a certificate or diploma aligned with a high school career cluster. This program is designed for accelerated high school juniors and seniors who are ready to get a head start on career and technical courses that will lead to a career.
- Cooperative-Innovative High Schools Pathway
- is designed for motivated students looking for a non-traditional high school experience. These small high schools partner with A-B Tech to provide local students with a comprehensive and accessible education.
Early colleges, statewide, are rigorous programs in which students can earn a high school diploma and associate degree simultaneously. Early college students start in the ninth grade, and can complete the program in five years. A-B Tech has two partner early colleges:
- Buncombe County Early College, located on the main campus of A-B Tech in Asheville
- Madison Early College High School, located in Mars Hill
Buncombe County Middle College (BCMC) is also a cooperative-innovative high school. Located on the main A-B Tech campus in Asheville, it provides juniors and seniors with a non-traditional setting for completing a high school diploma and earning college credits.
For more information, contact advisors at 398-7715, 398-7578, or 398-7516.