This course introduces oxy-fuel and plasma-arc cutting systems. Topics include safety, proper equipment setup, and operation of oxy-fuel and plasma-arc cutting equipment with emphasis on straight line, curve and bevel cutting. Upon completion, students should be able to oxy-fuel and plasma-arc cut metals of varying thickness.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify the parts and functions of an oxy-acetylene cutting torch.
- Identify the parts and functions of various cutting equipment.
- List the safety practices of using oxy-fuel, plasma-arc, and other cutting equipment.
- Set-up and adjust cutting equipment.
- Use an oxy-acetylene outfit, plasma cutting equipment, and other equipment to:
- Cut a straight marked line on various thickness steel plate.
- Cut various shapes out of carbon steel plate.
- Cut carbon steel plate to a bevel and pipe.
- Prerequisite: None
- Corequisite: None
|Clinic Coop Or Shop Hours||0|