This course covers the interpretation of prints and specifications that are associated with design and construction projects. Topics include interpretation of documents for foundations, floor plans, elevations, and related topics. Upon completion, students should be able to read and interpret construction prints and documents.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Identify the different symbols and line types in a set of working drawings.
2. Correctly measure lines to a specific scale using an architectural or engineering scale.
3. Demonstrate proficiency in interpreting construction prints in the form of floor plans, elevations, details, schedules, and specifications.
4. Convert fractional dimensions to decimal dimensions and decimal dimensions to fractional dimensions.
5. Describe and explain the difference between working drawings and construction drawings.
- Prerequisite: None
- Corequisite: None
|Clinic Coop Or Shop Hours||0|